Reports To: Kitchen Manager
Pay: $12 – $15 per hour
Wash and clean tableware, pots, pans, and cooking equipment. Maintain a clean and organized work area.
Activities & Responsibilities
Promote, work, and act in a manner consistent with the mission of The Buck Burgers & Brew.
- Wash dishes, glassware, flatware, pots, or pans, using a dishwashers or by hand.
- Keep dishwasher clean and maintained, and immediately report any functional or mechanical problems to the Kitchen Manager.
- Monitor dishwasher water temperature to ensure sanitary wash cycle.
- Maintain adequate levels of dish detergents and cleaning supplies.
- Place clean dishes, utensils, or cooking equipment in storage areas.
- Maintain adequate levels of clean tableware for dining room and kitchen.
- Handle tableware carefully to prevent breakage and loss.
- Maintain kitchen work areas, equipment, or utensils in clean and orderly condition.
- Clean food preparation and production areas as required.
- Sort and remove trash, placing it in designated pickup areas.
- Clean garbage cans with water or steam.
- Sweep or scrub floors.
- Receive and store supplies.
- Stock supplies, such as food or utensils, in serving stations, cupboards, refrigerators, or salad bars.
- Transfer supplies or equipment between storage and work areas, by hand or using hand trucks.
- Attend all scheduled employee meetings and offers suggestions for improvement.
- Coordinate with and assist fellow employees to meet guests’ needs and support the operation of the restaurant.
- Fill-in for fellow employees where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations.
- Prepare and package individual place settings.
- Load or unload trucks that deliver or pick up food or supplies.
- Set up banquet tables.
Tools & Technology
- Commercial use dishwashers, glasswashers, pot-washing machines, power washers
- Drying and draining racks
- Soap dispensing brush
- Wet mops
- Trash compactors
- Hand trucks, Lifts, or accessories
- Handheld thermometer, remote reading thermometers