Reports To: Assistant Manager
Pay Scale: $11 – $14 per hour
Provide friendly, responsive service to create an exceptional dining experience for all of our guests, by welcoming and warmly greeting guests on arrival. Manage the efficient and timely seating of our guests to a table that best serves their wishes.
Activities & Responsibilities
- Promote, work, and act in a manner consistent with the mission of The Buck Burgers & Brew.
- Warmly and graciously greet all guests and seat them at tables or in waiting areas.
- Open the front door for guests entering or leaving the restaurant when possible.
- Provide guests with menus and inform them of their server’s name upon seating.
- Record guest names and the number of people in party and provide guests with estimated waiting time when immediate seating is limited.
- Assign guests to tables suitable for their needs and according to rotation so that servers receive an appropriate number of seatings.
- Locate waiting parties when tables become available.
- Speak with guests to ensure satisfaction with food and service, to respond to complaints, or to make conversation.
- Answer telephone calls and respond to inquiries or transfer calls.
- Receive and record guests’ dining reservations.
- Maintain contact with kitchen staff, management, serving staff, and guests to ensure that dining details are handled properly, and customers’ concerns are addressed.
- Inspect dining and serving areas to ensure cleanliness and proper setup.
- Inform guests of establishment specialties and features.
- Inspect restrooms for cleanliness and availability of supplies and clean restrooms when necessary.
- Direct guests to coatrooms and waiting areas such as lounges.
- Relay messages to servers and bussers as needed.
- Thank guests as they leave and invite them to return.
- Attend all scheduled employee meetings and offers suggestions for improvement.
- Coordinate with and assist fellow employees to meet guests’ needs and support the operation of the restaurant.
- Fill-in for fellow employees where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations.
- Take and prepare to-go orders.
- Operate cash registers to accept payments for food and beverages.
- Supervise and coordinate activities of dining room staff to ensure that patrons receive prompt and courteous service.
- Assist with preparing and serving food and beverages.
Tools & Technology
- Cash registers, Point-of-sale terminals, POS software, and workstations
- Credit card processing machines
- Personal computers, tablets, smart phones and/or handheld devices
- Software – Office suite, web-based applications, etc.
- Special purpose telephones
- Calendar and scheduling software
- Table management or reservation software
- Carbonated and non-carbonated beverage dispenser
- Commercial use coffee or iced tea makers
- Ice dispensers