Reports To: Kitchen Manager
Cook and prepare a variety of food products including meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables, sauces, stocks, breads and other food products using a variety of equipment and utensils according to the Daily Prep List.
Activities & Responsibilities
- Promote, work, and act in a manner consistent with the mission of The Buck Burgers & Brew.
- Refer to Daily Prep List at the start of each shift for assigned duties.
- Understand and comply with standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards, and kitchen rules, policies, and procedures.
- Clean and sanitize work station area including tables, shelves, walls grills, broilers, fryers, pasta cookers, sauté burners, convection oven, flat top range and refrigeration equipment.
- Prepare a variety of foods, such as meats, vegetables, or desserts, according to customers’ orders or supervisors’ instructions, following approved procedures in broilers, ovens, grills, fryers and a variety of other kitchen equipment.
- Uses the Standard Recipe Card for preparing all products; does not rely on the memory of oneself or others.
- Weigh or measure ingredients.
- Portion according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications and wrap the food or place it directly on plates for service to guests.
- Wash, peel, and cut various foods, such as fruits and vegetables, to prepare for cooking or serving.
- Mix ingredients for green salads, molded fruit salads, vegetable salads, and pasta salads.
- Make special dressings and sauces as condiments for sandwiches.
- Stir and strain soups and sauces.
- Store food in designated containers and storage areas to prevent spoilage.
- Take and record temperature of food and food storage areas, such as refrigerators and freezers.
- Place food trays over food warmers for immediate service, or store them in refrigerated storage cabinets.
- Receive and store food supplies, equipment, and utensils in refrigerators, cupboards, and other storage areas.
- Assist cooks and kitchen staff with various tasks as needed, and provide cooks with needed items.
- Carry food supplies, equipment, and utensils to and from storage and work areas.
- Use manual or electric appliances to clean, peel, slice, and trim foods.
- Promptly inform supervisors when equipment is not working properly and when food and supplies are getting low, and order needed items.
- Remove trash and clean kitchen garbage containers.
- Complete opening and closing checklists and assists others in opening and closing the kitchen.
- Attend all scheduled employee meetings and offers suggestions for improvement.
- Coordinate with and assist fellow employees to meet guests’ needs and support the operation of the restaurant.
- Fill-in for fellow employees where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations.
- Keep records of the quantities of food used.
- Load dishes, glasses, and tableware into dishwashing machines.
- Distribute food servers to serve to customers.
- Operate cash register, handle money, and give correct change.
- Butcher and clean fowl, fish, poultry, and shellfish to prepare for cooking or serving.
- Cut, slice, or grind meat, poultry, and seafood to prepare for cooking.
- Stock cupboards and refrigerators, and tend salad bars and buffet meals.
- Add cutlery, napkins, food, and other items to trays on assembly lines in hospitals, cafeterias, airline kitchens, and similar establishments.
- Package take-out foods or serve food to customers.
- Prepare and serve a variety of beverages such as coffee, tea, and soft drinks.
- Vacuum dining area and sweep and mop kitchen floor.
- Scrape leftovers from dishes into garbage containers.
Tools & Technology
- Cappuccino or espresso machines
- Carbonated and non-carbonated beverage dispensers
- Commercial use blenders, choppers, cubers, dicers, grinders, processors, and/or slicers, broilers, deep fryers, griddles, grills, microwave ovens, ovens, pizza ovens, ranges, rotisseries, roasting machinery, steamers, and/or toasters, coffee grinders, coffee or iced tea makers, cotton candy machines or accessories, cutlery, dishwashers, dough machines, food warmers, measuring cups, mixers, popcorn machines, scales, woks
- Ice dispensers, Ice shaver machines or accessories
- Milkshake machines
- Personal computers and or Point of sale terminal
- Slush machines and/or Soft serve machines